Fw: SB-104 Help !

talen talen at INETPORT.COM
Wed Jun 21 15:59:38 EDT 2000

Hi Mike,

I assume this is PTT and not VOX and that the PTT pin in the connector is
not intermittantly shorting to ground ? You said you wiggled it and it seemed
to fix the problem so that's the first choice. But if that is OK...........

I would check pin 6 off the "B" board (T/R Relay) first. You can check it from
the bottom with the cover off. If that does not switch with the PPT, check Q207.
Q207 is tied directly to the input 13.8VDC and it can go as well as the two
regulators if conected incorrectly in the past. If Q207 is good check the Zener
and Q205, Q208.

I would also install a reverse biased diode across the relay coil to help
the collapsing field when it's turned off (in addition to the .01mfd cap).

73s  Kees K5BCQ

----------
From: M. Kassay <michael.kassay at SYMPATICO.CA>
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: SB-104 Help !
Date: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 8:48 PM

Hi Heath Lovers...

    I was working some DX last evening with my SB-104a....and a funny
thing started to happen.... (besides working a station with the 104!
)  My TX started to go on the off. I fiddled with the mic connector,
then it went back to normal, I then it continued to work fine, then
all of a sudden the relay went nuts, going on and off.  Im now in
perminent TX. I removed the mic, still TX.   Ive gone thru the rig
checking wires and so an,,,neg results.  Now, without having an
extender board  any suggestions on where to check , besides the relay
?
Also, has anyone else experienced a similar problem ?  Or any other
suggestions ?

Finally, anyone wanna sell their extender board ?

73 Mike

Michael Kassay - VE3MKX - QRP
Minesing, Ontario, CANADA
mailto:Michael.Kassay at sympatico.ca