Add-On Frequency Displays

Stewart Lyon stu_w6cux at JUNO.COM
Fri Mar 3 20:34:13 EST 2000

Hi Dan,
I have a DFD2 that I had connected to a SB-301 and it worked OK as long
as I didn't try to transceive with a SB-401. The combined load of the
display and the xmtr was too much for the Het oscillator and it wouldn't
start.  I tried various cathode  and FET source followers but I never
could get it working right. I have been thinking about connecting it to
my SB-101 but haven't as yet.

What you get from AADE is two circuit boards that plug together to make
the counter. The display board is a commercial unit and the counter board
is in kit form that takes about 1/2 hour to assembly. You have to supply
the case, power supply and connectors. I used a "A/B" printer switch box
for the case and a half-wave doubler power supply that runs off the
6.3VAC that comes out of the back of the -301. For the HW-101 you might
be able to make a power source inside the HP-23.

As I remember, the boards as described cost about $50. Someone else
packages the unit for about $150. This is all described on AADE's web
site at  http://www.aade.com  .   I have a picture of my station  on the
web: the DFD2 is sitting on the SB-301.
See:  http://www.pacificnet.net/~plyon/images/w6cux-2.jpg.

73, Stu - W6CUX
Winnetka, CA
ARRL Life Member

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:19:07 PST Daniel Camp <n0kfy at HOTMAIL.COM> writes:
> Heathens--
>      do any of you have experience with the frequency display unit
> put out
> by Almost All Digital Electronics?  If so, what are your
> impressions?  What
> about any competitors' products?  I'm wanting to "see where I am"
> more
> clearly on my HW-100...especially near the band edges HI HI...
>
> Tnx and 73--Dan

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov