Looking for a HW-101 guru

Ed Curran WA9YYF sandys1 at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sun Mar 5 12:46:01 EST 2000

Hello All,

I am still trying to get my HW-101 to transmit and not having any luck, and
am hoping that someone can point me in the correct direction.

I think I am missing the forest for the trees, and would like someone to
look at the schemic and give me some ideas about what I am missing.

The rig receives perfectly and have no problem there. The problem is no
transmit. Whenever I go into the tx mode, the 150 volt regulated voltage
goes down to about 100 volts. If I disconnect D901 there is no drop in
voltage. Also, if I pull the finals, I have no voltage drop. I have checked
(I think) all of the components in the final and have found all to be good.
 I even have changed the finals and that made no difference.

I must be missing something simple, but what? Maybe an expert out there can
help me.

Thanks much for any help or insight you can provide.

Heres hoping to being back on the air soon.

73, Ed

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov