SB-303

Gerald C. Lemay wa1vwl at GROLEN.COM
Sun Mar 5 12:45:40 EST 2000

Sound like someone modified the receiver. The SB-303 didn't have a noise
blanker originally. However there were a few articles published in QST
whereby the SB-104 noise blanker was adapted to the Heath SB receivers. I
did this on my 303. As part of the mod, the attenuator control was used to
vary the blanking action. Maybe that's what you have. You must have an extra
circuit board inside the receiver unless the seller took it out.

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of TERRY ENGLAND
Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2000 9:24 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: SB-303

Hello again, tnx to all who have sent me information on the LMO problem in
my SB-303. Now I have an other question about the SB-303 rcvr, on mine the
bottom left control is labeled noise blanker right next to the band switch,
ok on several pictures of the SB-303 I have seen that same control is
marked as attenuator ? Is this just a later or earlyer version with
different labeling on the control ? Or maybe a misprint on the pannal ?
                tnx agn  terry

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov
'name' 'call'"