Looking for a HW-101 guru

Ed Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Sun Mar 5 10:13:09 EST 2000

When you have a voltage drop like that, it means 1 of 2 things: A: there
is a load (short) drawing more current than the power supply can deliver,
or B: the power supply cannot deliver the normal current (high resistance
somewhere, resistor?). Try putting a milliammeter in series with the
regulated voltage supply and measure the current drawn. If you can't
estimate the correct current, have someone with a working HW-101 measure
theirs at the same place and compare. Also measure the low voltage and
work your way back to the power line to see where it becomes low. Good
luck.
Ed Richards

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov