If this wasn't so sad, it would be funny ...

Harvey A. Kader optom at ATTGLOBAL.NET
Tue Mar 7 00:26:23 EST 2000

Fred Olsen wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I promised myself I wouldn't add to the furor over prices at 'that
> place', but this was just too good to pass up.
>
> Someone is asking for an OPENING bid of $345 for a Heath IP-2717 power
> supply (it's the blue new-look version of the A: 6.3/12.6, B: 400, C:
> 100 volt bench supply, from around 1980).
> And then has the gall to state "No Reserve", and $27 for shipping!
> Sure it's clean and includes a manual, but ...
>
> I'll refrain from further editorial comments, but if you want to
> have a good laugh, or a cry, it's at Item #272225167.
>
> Fred

I paid $150.00 for a brand new unbuilt Heathkit IP-2717A from Heath in 1990. Of course,
looking at the final prices on some of the unbuilt Heathkits, that price would seem like
chickenfeed to the speculators.

If $345.00 is the opening bid for an already built one, then for sure the price for an
unbuilt version would be much higher. Sad, but true.

Regards.

Harvey A. Kader

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov