Question SB303

Steve Harrison ko0u at OS.COM
Tue Mar 7 00:29:46 EST 2000

At 11:05 PM 2000-03-06 -0500, KD2E wrote:
>Dan.... According to the QST article that explained adding the noise blanker
>to the 303, Heath originally planned on including a NB, but never did. There
>was no front panel noise blanker.
>The RF atten control should work smoothly, and will NOT completely eliminate
>an S9 signal even fully counter clockwise. Perhaps a shot of DeOxit might
>help yours'

Or:
1. it may have been replaced by an audio-taper type; or
2. it's been replaced with something much higher than 600 ohms, like 10K ohms.

I was gonna say one end could be open; but if the ground end was open, the
pot would have little effect; and if the antenna end was open, it would
also have little effect but you wouldn't hear anything!

It should be a linear-taper. If you put your ohmmeter between the wiper and
either end, you should see the resistance change gradually; center should
read half the total pot resistance. It's actual value isn't critical but
the larger it is, the more it will attenuate the signals for a small change
in the knob position.

73, Steve K0XP

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov