[HeathKit] Slippage/Backlash in SB-101 dial

Gary Schafer gschafer at MEDIAONE.NET
Mon Mar 20 22:25:48 EST 2000

Karl

Seems to me that somewhere years ago I remember reading and maybe doing, was to
reverse one of the disks on the tuning shaft. The parts that form the grove that
rides on the main dial. Not sure if it will work on heath or was done on another
radio.

73
Gary  K4FMX

Karl Heimbach wrote:

> Gang,
>
> I've just finished repairing a neglected SB-101 and electronically, all with
> the exception of the HV metering circuit, seems in good order.
>
> However, through years of use, the VFO tuning knob/clutch slips somewhat.
> I've disassembled it, and reinstalled a couple of times, but without any
> improvement.  I know that in years past, several mods to correct this
> problem were published in "QST".  Can anyone help please?
>
> Karl - W5QJ
>
> ---
> Submissions heathkit at qth.net

Sponsored by the City of Tempe