572B

Mark S Graalman wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Fri Mar 31 12:02:53 EST 2000

 However, only using two will lower the load on the filament transformer
and may cause the filament voltage to be too high which will greatly
reduce
the emissive life of the filaments. If only two tubes are being used, I
would
make sure the filament voltage remains in spec.

Mark  WB8JKR

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 11:00:36 -0500 Gary Schafer <gschafer at MEDIAONE.NET>
writes:
> If you are running 752Bs in the 30L1 you really only need 2 of them.
> There is no point in
> putting 4 of them in there as the power supply is not big enough for
> 2 kw that 4 572Bs are
> capable of. Save your money! Although with 4 of them they should
> last a life time. You
> would cook the power supply before you would hurt the tubes.
> One 572B will handle a little more power than a pair of 811As.
>
> 73
> Gary  K4FMX
>

> Carl Hyde wrote:
>
> > Lots of 30L-1s run 572Bs. Its no problem although
> > quite a lot more expensive to buy 4 of them. I use the
> > Svetlana tubes because they appear to be more rugged
> > and have ceramic base and plate cap. I just put a set
> > into an SB-200 and it works great.
> >
> > --- Bob Meyer <Rascal at UTEC.NET> wrote:
> > > I havent had a amp here with 572B tubes yet.
> > >
> > > are they bigger than 811A.
> > > The collins does not have much room.
> > >
> > > There is a little more room to play with on
> > > heathkit.
> > >
> > > Any  one tryied 572B tubes in
> > > Collins 30L1?
> > >
> > > I will look for spec sheet on 572B..