SB-620 "Pip" disappears at screen centre

Mark V. Johnson VE3DJU mjohnson at CA.IBM.COM
Thu May 11 09:46:54 EDT 2000

Hi everyone;

Just got an SB-620 (wired for 3395 IF) and connected it to my SB-301. Seems
to work OK, but when a signal is tuned in, the Pip moves to centre and
disappears. Is this normal operation?? Also, I'm having trouble getting a
nice symmetrical "Pip". Adjusting T2 & T3 as per the manual shrinks the
"Pip" but won't shape it?? Ideas or comments appreciated.. I have attached
a note I found in the archive but wondered if there was anything further.

Thanks again Folks!

From:         Robert Schlegel <N7BH at AOL.COM>
 Subject:      SB 620 PIP

 For those who are using the SB620 with an SB100-101-102 and wish to see
the
 PIP at center frequency try this.  Move the tap point from V!2A, pin 6 to
the
 unused seconday winding of  T201. The capacitor is eliminated.   There may
 still  be a slight reduction in PIP height , but the PIP will remain in
view
 as you tune across center frequency.

 Bob  N7BH

Mark V. Johnson