Heath Mohawk and Apache

Gerald C. Lemay wa1vwl at GROLEN.COM
Thu Nov 16 19:20:15 EST 2000

I tried making a new dial drum for a Heath MR-1 receiver a short time ago. I
was able to make new artwork by scanning the drum for each band and making a
transparency using Visio 2000 professional. I'm still looking for an
affordable source of tubing of the correct diameter and transparency. I
found some but it's pretty expensive. Since the dial drum is not an
emergency project right now, I'll keep looking.

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Michael Wachur
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 9:34 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Heath Mohawk and Apache

Hi,

Anyone out there have suggestions for repair of cracks in the dial drums?
Has a replacement been made or considered? I have an excellent Apache and a
well used Mohawk, both suffering from extensive cracks in their dial drums
at the ends.

I was considering going to the local firm that handles a wide variety of
plastics, and see if I can obtain the correct size, color and transparency.
If the stock was available, I would see if I could make the artwork for the
drum, transfer it to a decal, and see what I end up with.

I would welcome any thoughts or discussion...

Thanks and 73,
Michael
K3OR
Clarksville, Maryland