Mods for Heath DX-100B and Apache

Larry Knapp kc8jx at YAHOO.COM
Thu Nov 30 14:01:24 EST 2000

Fern - There are quite a number of internet references to modifications for the
DX-100/100B and TX-1, Apache, as well as many of the other well known
"boatanchor" gear.  I'm sure there must be some references to the SB-10 as it
was a very popular accessory; tho I am not aware of anything directly.  Some
searches of the Internet could probably locate some.

Some of my favorite links are:
http://dmoz.org/Recreation/Amateur_Radio/Boatanchors/
http://www.thebizlink.com/am/tech/htm/mods.htm

In addition the publication Electric Radio has over the years (dating back to
May 1989 to November 2000) some excellent articles on the old radios.  It is
well worth the investment.  A index has been created by N900 for Electric Radio
and is found at:
http://www.qsl.net/n900
Continue to look at Electric radio for I'm sure hopeful there will be an
upcoming article on audio modifications to the DX-100/100B...as an aside.

Also the AM Press exchange, on-line internet, has some excellent articles on
modifcations to the old gear for AM usage; there are some references to the
Apache and DX-100/100B.  Their address is:
http://www.bigcountry.com/w5ami/ampx/ampx.htm

The TX-1 and DX-100/100B are excellent heavy old boatanchors and still sound
very good today.

Hope this helps......Larry, KC8JX, St. Joseph, Mi

--- Fern Rivard <crc at cyberlink.bc.ca> wrote:
> I have two friends who have the DX-100B and Apache transmitters and they
> would like to know of any mods done to improve the performance of both rigs.
> Was there also some upgrades on the SB-10 sideband adapter? Best of 73's
> from Fern

=====
May your days be full of sunshine and good thoughts fill your head.
From: Larry Knapp, KC8JX, St. Joseph, Mi  49085
  Best 73's