Mods for Heath DX-100B and Apache

k4kgw k4kgw at MEDIAONE.NET
Thu Nov 30 18:39:21 EST 2000

The audio on the TX-1 needs no modification.  The problem that most people encounter has
to do with the audio limiter in the rig.  The instructions in the manual are not as clear
as they should be, but if you read them over and over until you understand how it works,
you'll find they have magnificent audio.

BAsically, the max audio level is set by the infernal screwdriver adjustment that is
accessed thru the CW jack, and the amount of limiting is set by the front panel audio
control.  This was not a very good design, because it is almost impossible to access the
setting inside the CW jack without taking the rig out of the cabinet.

Keith

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov