SB-200 HV compartment cover

Debby and Dave Anderson danderso at EROLS.COM
Thu Oct 5 22:26:30 EDT 2000

I don't know about the SB-200, but the HL-2100 that I built (I only
made a few mistakes) had a phenolic standoff that was screwed to the
underside of the HV compartment lid.

The standoff pushed down on a 'springy-thing' which was connected to
the HV supply and kept it from making contact with a metal piece
connected to the chassis.

When the lid was removed, the 'springy-thing' would make contact
and short out the HV supply. In order to check the voltages, etc.
with the lid off, you needed to stuff something (I used a rubber foot)
between the 'springy-thing' and its contact.

Collins used a similar setup (but a little more complicated) in the
30S-1, and the 30L-1 has 3 separate HV interlock switches.

Dave Anderson

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov