How to free up wafer switches?

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Sun Oct 22 13:02:52 EDT 2000

jack...

it's not the wafer that's stuck, but rather the shaft that has froze in the
aluminum bearing.

spraying cleaning stuff on the wafer won't cut it (sorry!) but rather you
need to get the lub into the switch's shaft.

I have found that radio shack sells a small needle oiler. A drop or two of
oil placed as far into the switch as possible works.

if you can't reach it from the back, take off the knob and try to get some
oil into the shaft by applying oil to the outside of the shaft..

it takes work and a little bit of elbow grease to free up the switches.

--
Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov