HP-23 Specs

Jim Gelbort jamesgelbort at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Tue Oct 31 12:57:08 EST 2000

Ron,

According the the manual (6/19/64 version):

High Voltage                820 volts DC, no load
                                    700 volts DC, at 250 ma.

    Effective Output Capacitance    62.5 mfd.

    Ripple                                        Less than 1% at 250 ma.

Is your ripple more than 7 v under load?
Maybe time to recap.

Regards,
Jim
N9WW

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Dickerson <wa7bme at CITLINK.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 11:39 AM
Subject: HP-23 Specs

Does anyone know where the specs for the HP-23 Power Supply can be found?
Specifically, the per cent ripple on the 800V output.  I know the high
voltage supply is a voltage doubler, so maybe that explains the spikes I see
on mine.  When idle(rec) the HV has a kinda sawtooth pattern that is about
5v p-p.  When loaded, it gets worse.

Thanks,
Ron WA7BME
Moab, UT