HELP: Heath EUW-16A

Richard Post post at OUVAXA.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Wed Sep 20 17:12:09 EDT 2000

>I'm in need of the calibration procedure for the Heath EUW-16A
>Voltage Reference Source.
>
>Have been unable to locate any manuals or references.
>Can anyone assist?
>
>Thanks,
>
>=vt
>--

Several of the Heathkit EUW series, including the 16, are covered in the book,
"Electronics for Scientists: principles and experiments for those who use
instruments",
by H.V. Malmstadt and C.G. Enke, with the assistance of E.C. Toren, Jr,
New York, W.A. Benjamin, 1962

LC number is TK-7815.M25
To borrow the book, try your local university library or interlibrary loan.

On page 505,"The calibration control is adjusted to obtain an accurate 100
volts between the arms of the range switch."  The schematic is on page 506.
It's basically a resistive divider across a 110 volt zener with the
calibration control in series to bring it to 100 volt.

I have the EUW-15 regulated high voltage Universal Power Supply which is
also covered in detail in the book.

My EUW- sine/square wave generator is mentioned as part of the lab
equipment but is not covered in detail in the book.

Rich

Boatanchor Pix website - KB8TAD
<http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/bapix/>

Museum of Radio and Technology