SB-104

Florentino V Encarnacion, Jr. geo_ah6bv at JUNO.COM
Fri Apr 6 07:19:21 EDT 2001

Good Morning All,

I got a good chuckle reading this thread this morning.  Almost "recycled"
my coffee thru my nose while reading ;-)

I was first exposed to ham radio in the late 60's.  The high school club
station had the Heathkit Sugar Baker line-up.  RCA phono plug terminated
cables are used for xmtr to linear amp, xmtr to rcvr to rcvr   , etc
connections.  Hallicrafters and SBE also used them.

Still, the RCA phono plug/socket is thought to be for a low signal level
applications - consider the name - "phono" and where we see them today -
used in audio/stereo, VCR to TV, camcorder, video games.

Just my two cents.

73, George AH6BV / w1

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov