Electronics Lives In China

JOSE V. GAVILA (EB5AGV/EC5AAU) eb5agv at CTV.ES
Mon Apr 9 01:30:43 EDT 2001

Please, although I know this is getting out of topic, let me add some words
about China manufacturing of electronic items. I work in the R&D Department
of an electronics manufacturing and designing company, born here in Spain,
which has a branch in China. There the company has manufacturing and
researching facilities. I can say that, if the mother (i.e. spanish)
company wants, they can get similar quality than the one we get in Spain.
BUT if you leave them doing things as they are used to, quality lowers a
lot. So I think we can't generalize about good or bad products from China
but they need a close control to work to _our_ standards, which are not the
same as theirs.

Just my 0.02 Euro worth, as always.

JOSE

PS: to go a bit into Heathkit topic... does anybody have some SB-102
suitable feet (I think any SB series or HW-10x would do)?. My unit is
missing all four :-(