More on "Warning: new twist for MSN, Hotmail, and Passport users" - New Privacy Statement

Chris Kepus ckepus at CALWEB.COM
Mon Apr 9 23:56:08 EDT 2001

Hi All,
About a week ago a message appeared on this board regarding a concern over
the privacy and use of material on the MSN, Hotmail, and Passport sites.
 Since I use these sites, I kinda got torqued up about it and decided I
would discontinue use of MSN sites if it were true.  So I checked the
privacy statements and Terms of Use on all of them.  Came up empty handed
so I sent the following messages to Microsoft and the message below is
their most recent and definitive response.  Thought some of you might be
interested.
73,

Chris Kepus
W7JPG

Eat well.  Laugh Often.

-----Original Message-----
From:   passpriv at microsoft.com [SMTP:passpriv at microsoft.com]
Sent:   Monday, April 09, 2001 6:18 PM
To:     ckepus at calweb.com
Subject:        RE: CST29719428ID - New Privacy Statement

Thank you for your message to Passport Privacy.
The Passport Terms of Use have recently been updated, and no longer include
the text you have quoted. The current Terms of Use now covers the Passport
sites and services, to the extent detailed in the document.
Your messages sent via Hotmail are also governed by the MSN & Hotmail
Privacy Statements, and you may choose to review them to ensure you are
aware of their conditions and provisions.
Passport Terms of Use:
http://www.passport.com/Consumer/TermsOfUse.asp?PPlcid=1033
MSN Privacy Statement: http://www.msn.com/help/legal/privacy.htm
Hotmail Privacy Statement:
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/dasp/hminfo_shell.asp?content=pstate&
_lang=EN&id=2&ct=986865203&rru=%2fcgi%2dbin%2fHoTMaiL
Sincerely,
Passport Privacy