Heathkit ID-1590, Digital Wind speed/direction Indicator lamps

Brickey, Peter peter.brickey at COMPAQ.COM
Fri Apr 13 13:31:08 EDT 2001

Hi,

   About 2 weeks ago I sent out a message inquiring about the direction
indicator
lamps for the above unit.  I only received 1 reply and dealt with the
ID-1290 which
uses different bulbs (#47).  The ID-1590 uses very small T 1-3/4 wire lead
bulbs.

 I did find replacements for these bulbs and they are available at Newark
Electronics
with a description as follows:

     Newark Part Number: 50N8112
     Manufacturer Part Number: 2158
     Manufacturer Name: SPC/MULTICOMP LAMPS
TERMINAL
     BASE, 3.00 VOLT, 0.015 AMP, 10000 HOUR AVERAGE LIFE
     LENGTH 0.52 INCH MAXIMUM
     Quantity Units: PK10
     Quantity: 1
     Unit-Price: $6.95

  They are a bit 'fatter' than the originals but still fit into the slots
ok.
When the faceplate is on there is no visible difference between the above
bulbs
and the original ones.

  Thought you guys might like to know,
                                             Peter