5 KC AM filter project

Joe joeamp at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Apr 19 18:09:07 EDT 2001

>could it really be just a plain ol 56 pf cap?
Its 0.56 all right, Heath Part # 28-3

>what about that tapped coil? how you going to get around that one?
That was the easy part.... there are 2 in every SSB filter.
The  AM filter only used one (the same one) Part # 40-814
There may be other solutions, the slug tune coil allows for exact setting of
the center frequency.
It may have been so the manufacturer could use quick cut quantity looser
toleranced less expensive xtals
(Frequency, series resistance and capacitance) yet still make spec.

The late 3.75 KC filter *may* have used the same xtals used on the HW-SB
modulator boards.
115 uh CT Hmmm....sounds like one side of a 455 KHz transistor radio IF
transformer.

"Good things dont come easy"
, Joe