IM-18 problem

Harley L. Miller hmiller at SOUND.NET
Thu Aug 9 00:02:52 EDT 2001

I got a *lot* of good replies on this and want to thank everyone who
made suggestions. What a group! Those who are in possesion of the old
ham radios are also in possesion of the old ham radio spirit of
helping each other.

AND NOW, THE WINNER! Although all suggestions were good, in my case
the one that worked was 'clean the zero adjust pot'. I had given it a
small shot of DeOxit, trying to not spray it all over the instrument.
When I gave it a second shot I doused it good and worked it in good,
and that was the solution. The IM-18 is working fine now, and will be
used on old radios again.

Once again, thanks to all who helped not only me, but probably a
couple others who had similar troubles.

Harley L. Miller     WB0ROQ