HR 10...a dog?

Guy Giacopuzzi ggg3dds at JS-NET.COM
Fri Aug 10 09:49:48 EDT 2001

Sorry guys, I refuse to accept this criticism for this receiver....but there is a reason Floyd feels
this way and we've discussed it before....
    When you tune the HR-10 at the end of assembly, they have you peak the coils and then put the bottom
plate on.  This WILL NOT WORK!  At the Los Angeles store, we had what we termed a "tuning plate": a
bottom with holes appropriately punched for access to the coils.  Virtually every other Heath receiver
had this arrangement; the HR-10/B did not.  If you do your own drilling, then retune, you will be amazed
at the performance of this receiver.  Yes it's sensitivity does fall off on 15 and 10, but it's still
quite a performer for the money otherwise...but you can't  tune then place the bottom plate on--it
changes the inductances too much and detunes the unit severely...

ggg, a ham at heath....