hw-101 mic

Larry Knapp kc8jx at YAHOO.COM
Sun Aug 12 12:21:40 EDT 2001

Paul - As for standard, well....not sure what that "totally" means.  Heath
offered several microphones for the HW & SB series of gear.  All made by
Electro Voice, in Buchanan, Michigan.  There are EV equivalents to these model
numbers that Heath offered.  The specific Heath microphones did have the
Heathkit emblem or something that differentiated them from their compatable EV
offering.  I do not believe the Heath contracted to offer a mobile type mic for
use with the HW or SB series.

Heath offered:
HDP-21 and HDP-21A...not sure when they started this but it was probably in the
early 60's.  This line lasted until the late 60's...possible EV equivalents
are: EV619
HDP-121 and HDP-121A...this line was in the 70's.....possible EV equivalents
are: EV638

HDP-242 & HDP-444 came out much later in the 80's.

Maybe someone else on the list can give you all the possible EV equivalents.
These mics are very popular and I see them on Ebay and most hamfests, so
finding one should not be a problem.

However, several other manufacturers have good quality ones also, so don't
necessarily limit yourself to a EV type (they are very good though).  The
D-104's and 10DA's by Astatic are very good also.

Best to you in finding one....73, Larry, KC8JX, St. Joseph, Mi.

--- Paul Hendershott <pjhend at AMERITECH.NET> wrote:
> Hi folks!
> What mic was standard for the HW-101? If i can't locate an original,
> what would be a substitute you would recommend? Thanks for your help!
> Paul    kb9yvp

> To post - HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
> Archives - http://www.tempe.gov/archives/HEATH.html

=====
May your days be full of sunshine and good thoughts fill your head.
From: Larry Knapp, KC8JX, St. Joseph, Mi  49085
  Best 73's

http://im.yahoo.com/