Restoration Tips Needed for old gear

Jay Taylor lists at HTI-INC.COM
Mon Aug 13 08:51:11 EDT 2001

I've got a Heathkit radio that wasn't very well taken care of. (it reeks of smoke...)  I'd like some tips on the best war of cleaning this rig up and getting it running again.  It's an SB-104A series rig.

I'm afraid to plug it in and turn it on right now.  I have no desire to smoke the thing....

I'm looking for info on cleaning products, procedures, etc.

Also looking for info on powering this up for the first time.  What sort of checks should be done first to minimize damage.

Thanks,

Jay