HW-101?

Alan KB7MBI ARDUJENSKI at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 29 14:04:10 EDT 2001

I have read / heard that the HW-101 was one of the more popular of the
Heathkits. Along those lines I have seen posted quite a few modifications to
the HW-101. My question is the HW-101 a good tube radio or does it have
several inherent problems that require changes? Before selecting an older rig
to purchase I like to check up on its track record first. If it is of sound
design then typically it will continue to perform admirably.  I would like
someone to share their knowledge / experience(s) with the 101. I would plan
to use it as a casual rig on SSB and CW--Thanks  Alan KB7MBI in Woodinville,
WA