SB200 input swr

John Q. jsluchak at PACBELL.NET
Fri Aug 31 12:46:30 EDT 2001

Thanks to all who responded on my first round of trying to understand
why my FT-1000D responds with high SWR to my SB-200.  So I understand
that the input coils can be adjusted.
How is this done or I should say when is it safe to do?  Can it be done
while the amp is on but not transmitting or is current dangeous at that
point?
with 125 watts driving the amp, I get 400 watts on 20 meters, I drop
down to 50 to 60 watts on 40 meters and get 800 watts according to my
meter.  100 watts on 10 meters, won't output more than 80 watts.  It
seems to me that something needs adjusting.  Again all Harbach mods are
done.  New finals (matched).  The input to output difference on bands is

interesting.  My FT1000D tuner is left on so the input tunes before the
amp.
Thanks
Jan  KG6EEE