ALIGNMENT OF SB-401

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 2 17:46:35 EST 2001

V-6: It'll work fine.
Making a probe: Figure out the DC voltage and AC voltage you are dealing
with.
A typical probe: (Pic not attached as server eats attachments. Sent
separately to Jerry).

Regards,

Neil
----- Original Message -----
From: "ejforwood Jerold Forwood" <ejforwood at MSN.COM>

I have retubed and cleaned up my SB-401, now it's time to align it.
The manual calls for an 11 Megohm VTVM, such as a Heathkit #IM-11, with an
RF probe, such as a Heathkit #309-C.
I have a Heathkit VTVM #V-6 without a manual.  Will this model work?
It does not have an RF probe or even a DC probe.
If it will work, does anyone have an extra RF probe that they would be
willing to sell, and/or DC probe?
Or, does anyone have information on how I can build one,  or adapt some
other unit/brand?

Thanks and 73's,
Jerry, K0EJF