ALIGNMENT OF SB-401

John S. Watts john.watts at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Dec 2 18:00:53 EST 2001

The basic components of an RF probe are pretty simple.  See the test
equipment section of *any* edition of the ARRL handbook.  I think it has
shown the same basic probe since at least 1965 !  If you don't have the
Handbook at home, any edition you find in the local library will have a
probe plan.

On the other hand, depending on what your time is worth, and how many junk
box parts you have, you might do just as well to buy one from someone.
Occasionally someone will have an RF probe for sale on E-bay.

KG9FN

----- Original Message -----
From: "ejforwood Jerold Forwood" <ejforwood at MSN.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 4:29 PM
Subject: ALIGNMENT OF SB-401

I have retubed and cleaned up my SB-401, now it's time to align it.
The manual calls for an 11 Megohm VTVM, such as a Heathkit #IM-11, with an
RF probe, such as a Heathkit #309-C.
I have a Heathkit VTVM #V-6 without a manual.  Will this model work?
It does not have an RF probe or even a DC probe.
If it will work, does anyone have an extra RF probe that they would be
willing to sell, and/or DC probe?
Or, does anyone have information on how I can build one,  or adapt some
other unit/brand?

Thanks and 73's,
Jerry, K0EJF