Melting finals

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Sun Dec 16 15:41:12 EST 2001

tom...

you did not say if you were just sitting there watching your toes grow or
working the 10 meter contest..

if you were just sitting there, then you lost the bias voltage. first place
to look is the output of the hp23 supply. if it is there, then one or more
dropping resistors are no longer with us.

on the other hand, if the tubes turned red turning transmit, then the
problem is on the pi network. the final is not tuned... could be a lot of
things from no antenna to the wrong antenna. a shorted band switch or a
fault in the pi network output coils.

that large pi network output coil does not change in value, but it has been
know to develop a short when the wires rub off their insulation.

Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems

http://www.seslogic.com
http://www.theheathkitshop.com