GR-64 Question

Brian Wood brianmwood at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Sat Dec 22 10:52:01 EST 2001

In all the catalogs, the GR-64 is always shown with a face that does not
have a white border around the bands, bandspread and meter, like the GR-54.
However, every one I've ever seen (including my own) has the borders. In
addition, it looks like there's a disembodied "INT'L BC" label at 24 MC with
no green bar to go with it, and there's a green bar at 11-12 MC that has no
label. Obviously, they decided to change the display to match the GR-54,
screwed it up and never bothered to fix the panel or the picture. My guess
is that they ordered a LOT of the panels, and when they noticed the error,
they decided to leave the picture alone and not pay to have the panels
redone. Can any of you guys who worked at Heath shed any light on this? I've
always been curious.

73,

Brian, W0DZ