Restore HW8

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Sat Dec 29 13:26:34 EST 2001

hummm...

well the hw8 is not that hard to fix. I can't see any reason why one would
want to tear it all the way down and rebuild it other than to do a complete
restore of the radio.

if all you want to do is find out why it is not working, then a tear down
and rebuild is not the answer. And unless you use all new parts, replacing
the old ones back in won't fix the problem either.

the pc boards are getting so old that the traces won't take hardly any heat
before they start to lift from the board material.

I've fixed "a lot" of hw8 in my day...

what's the problem with this one?

Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems