DX-100 concentric knob substitute ?

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sat Dec 29 14:51:09 EST 2001

Back in the 1960s, there were numerous articles in the
amateur radio magazines on using the "cheap" Japanese
manufacture verniers on the DX-100 and DX-100B.
Basically you pulled the knob and dial off of the
vernier and then mounted it to the panel using three
machine screws or sheet metal screws.  Then, you put
on whatever knob (usually much larger than the
original) on the vernier.

Supposedly, that worked very well.  However, I have
not done this modification.

Also, I have used the knobs from old Tektronics
oscilloscope plug-ins for concentric knobs.

Glen, K9STH

--- Frank Paxton <paxton at BULBBOPPER.COM> wrote:

Also, I was thinking a vernier knob would be nice on
the VFO.  Anyone know what works there ?

http://greetings.yahoo.com