shipping query

Rich Sahlender rsahlen at VOICENET.COM
Mon Feb 5 11:25:45 EST 2001

Ray,

I had a Mohawk shipped to me some years back. It's obviously not
quite as heavy as the Apache but a hefty package just the same. The
shipper took time to pack lots of newspaper around the tubes down
low on the chassis which protected the tubes just fine. I only wish
he would have packed it full of newspaper to the inside top cover. A
perfectly good dial drum arrived in several pieces without that
extra packing. I had the same thing happen a few years ago with an
hg-10 vfo. As careful as I try to be at gluing those drums back
together they never look the same...

Rich WA3WLH

PS. Both units were shipped via UPS and packed in boxes with lots of
styrofoam and newspaper.

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov