Low power on 10 and 15

Charles Hammons chammons at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Feb 11 15:07:23 EST 2001

Steve,
I have a cantenna which I have had for close to 30 years.  It reads 50.0 -
50.1 ohms, taking several readings.  I have the can full of high quality
mineral oil, in case that makes a difference.
73,
Charles H. WA4YEM

At 01:30 PM 2/11/01 -0500, Steve and Anne Ray wrote:
>Check out your dummy load if you are using a cantenna, I found mine had over
>the years changed from aprox. 50 ohms to 40 ohms.   I did a informal survey
>on the list a year or so ago and a lot of people found there cantennas were
>around 40 ohms.
>
>The power seems a bit low on 80 and 40 I can get 120 plus on 80, but only
>run it at 90 to 100.
>
>73,
>Steve Ray K4JPN ex K1VKW
>HW-101, HW-8, Elecraft K2 1422
>HeathKit fan
>EM82fp
>Warner Robins GA

Charles Hammons ph. 865.483.6807
C C Consulting      865.483.4393 (ph/fax)

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov