UPS Warning

Chris Trask ctrask at PRIMENET.COM
Wed Feb 21 09:38:58 EST 2001

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Ed Goss wrote:

> Hello,
>      I used to be a big fan of UPS, and I even wrote off the
> occasional horror story as "statistically insignificant."  But let me
> share this morning's experience:

        <<MASSIVE SNIPPING>>

>      If you choose to use UPS, be ready for some surprises.  And if
> you insist on using them, you better put something like "cast iron
> ingot" on the contents line...don't dare put "rare Chinese vase" or
> you will live to regret it.

        I stopped using UPS many years ago when they demanded that I
double-box unpopulated PC boards as they were related to electronics.
The post office is very often cheaper, and they now have merchandise
tracking just like UPS.

Chris

     ,----------------------.       High Performance Mixers and
    /    What's all this     \    Amplifiers for RF Communications
   / extinct stuff, anyhow?  /
   \  _______,--------------'           Chris Trask / N7ZWY
  _ |/                                  Principal Engineer
 oo\                                  Sonoran Radio Research
(__)\       _                             P.O. Box 25240
  \  \    .'  `.                     Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
    \  '"        \                     IEEE Member #40274515
      '-| )__| :.  \                 Email: ctrask at primenet.com
        | |  | | \  '.            http://www.primenet.com/~ctrask

                       Graphics by Loek Frederiks

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov