Latest acquisition: DX-35

C. Wilkinson wilkin49 at PA.MSU.EDU
Sat Feb 24 21:33:11 EST 2001

Some time ago, I came across a very abused DX-35 transmitter and stashed it
away, knowing full well I'd get a shack together again... little did I know
I'd be running with the "greenie" crowd years later. Today I pulled the old
DX-35 out and took a good look at it. It is "well loved," but looks pretty
good overall. It doesn't have any crystals nor do I have the "VF-1"
external VFO that I would need for it to be of any real use, but the rig can
certainly fly again. All in due time.

One problem: the plastic that the knobs are made of has degraded rather
sharply. One of them even broke in half with only a minor bit of effort
given to turn it. They are literally on their way to turning to dust, which
is a bit of disappointment.

I was wondering if anyone had a good source for similar knobs? I might be
interested in getting the rig running again, but without knobs that might be
a bit of a challenge, hihi. If you've never seen a DX-35, here are two pages
with the rig on it:

http://www.heathkit-museum.com/ham/dx-35.html
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/bapix/DX35.htm

Any thoughts on the rig would be great.
I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.

73's to you all.
Chris // N8DVM

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov