Latest acquisition: DX-35

al winfrey wa9hsl at IQUEST.NET
Sun Feb 25 02:11:43 EST 2001

Bruce and Chris,

I too have an "orphaned" DX-35 that I bought as junk a few years ago and brought back to
life. I noticed the grid drive problem right away and put it back on the shelf for
another day, not wishing to fry the 6146 final.  I'd be interested to know what the
factory fix was.

As for knobs, I sent a note out earlier to Chris about the possibility of buying a
relatively inexpensive piece of older Heath test gear that has knobs that match your
DX-35.  I got two of the smaller ones from a signal generator that cost me five dollars
at a hamfest. I used the others on a haggard DX-60 and then replaced the knobs on the
signal generator with some small pointer knobs. It's still being used also.

al winfrey - wa9hsl

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov