Fw: AM Crystal filter for SB-303

w1id w1id at FCGNETWORKS.NET
Wed Feb 28 13:26:09 EST 2001

On Tuesday, February 27, 2001 at 08:07:16 PM, Eddy Swynar wrote:

> Hi All...
>
> Can anyone reading this tell Larry if the SB-301 type IF filters are directly interchangeable (sp?) with those used in the newer SB-303...?
They are all interchangable, all the same impedance and characteristics. You can mix and match as long as they are all the same size. Other than that, you'd have to drill holes to make thme fit, but then again, they'd still work. As far as building or homebrewing a 5KHz AM filter is concerned, I've opened up one of my excess SSB filters and didn't see an adjustable coil. Only saw a fixed, multifilar toroid inductor. It probably reads close to what the author of the AM filter post was talking about. No big deal. I've been wanting to build one but have been sidetracked by other projects. Seems like the Jan Crystals option would be a good way to start instead of having to pay $110, which is more than I paid for my SB-300/401 twins and about twice what I paid for my SB-303. I know Inrad used to sell those filters a long time ago so they must still have the "receipe" somewhere.
w1id
e-mail: w1id at fcgnetworks.net

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov