Free MM-1 VOM junker and manual FS

Greg Miller gtmiller at USADATANET.NET
Wed Feb 28 23:25:58 EST 2001

Hello fellow Heath-ens!
    I'm offering a junker MM-1 vom for anyone who needs parts.  All I ask is
you pay the shipping from Buffalo, NY.
    This unit has the following problems:

        - Meter needle is broken off at the "DB" scale.  Otherwise the meter
movement is OK.  Maybe someone can use the                 needle from their
busted movement?
        - Main knob replaced with universal pointer knob.  The other two
knobs are original.
        - "Common" banana jack replaced with a metal one.
        - The case is scratched and cracked in spots.
        - Front face has two holes with screws in them: one is for a
non-original fuse holder, and the other is for ??
        - Glass has been replaced with a piece of window glass.

    The guts seem to be in good shape.  I tried to get a reading on each
range - only one of the resistance ranges was dead.  There is no battery
corrosion inside.

    I'm also offering an original assembly manual for this meter for $5
(what I paid for it).  It's in good shape with some pencil/pen marks inside.

    73,
    - Greg K2GTM

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov