Gr-64 and tube glue....Another WARNING!!

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Wed Jan 3 16:09:50 EST 2001

As a follow-up, some sage advice from across "The Pond:"

Working in a semiconductor plant, I'm in an environment where
we use hydroflouric acid all the time. Boy, do we take precautions!

If you get it on your skin, (as does happen), you need to take
immediate precautions over and above washing it off, because
otherwise it gets down to the bone. There's a special ointment
you have to rub on in case of any splashes, and then there's a
lengthy set of medical checks to monitor progress.
That's with something like a 20% solution. We still get the
silly cases - like the woman who handled  wafers with plastic
tweezers, so contaminating the tweezers, and then put them
into the breast pocket of her overalls...fortunately, seen and
dealt with without any injury.

My advice is use something else! I've found that heatshrink
tube works pretty well to hold a loose base to the tube.
For a tube base, a glass cutter seems a lot safer......

73 - Peter Chadwick G3RZP
<Peter_Chadwick at mitel.com>

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov