Help with SB-301

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Sun Jan 7 07:23:18 EST 2001

  Thanks for the input Dave, I think I got her
going now. I couldn't really find anything "wrong"
So I took out the original AGC diodes (D3 D4)
and replaced them with two Shottky diodes
and changed C114 to 20 pf, re tuned the I.F.
transformers and WOW, the AGC action is
absolutely perfect!
 The original AGC diodes had a junction
voltage of .670 volt (measured) and the
Shottky's have a measured junction voltage of
.360 volt, the lower turn on coupled with a little
extra input to them by the increased coupling
really makes it work well.

Mark  WB8JKR

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov