HW-101 FIXED!

Eddy Swynar gswynar at DURHAM.NET
Sun Jan 7 07:46:15 EST 2001

Greg...

That's always been the "thing" that I find unsettling with Heath gear, i.e.
during the course of trouble-shooting a *specific* problem, you wind up
finding 3-4 OTHER things that are "wrong" with the rig!!!

Makes me scratch my head & wonder sometimes...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

---- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Hockenjos" <nunu726 at lycos.com>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2001 9:26 PM
Subject: HW-101 FIXED!

> Hello all. Thanks for your replys. The culprit was a shorted 6146. I
acquired this radio through a trade. The radio had no receive except on 80
meters, no power out on any bands and a high bias. So after changing about
10 bad resistors, bad zener diode, 2 tubes not supposed to be in the radio I
re-aligned the receiver and transmitter. Now with what I thought were weak
6146's I had laying around, the radio receives very nicely and power out is
75 watts on 10-20 meters and 100 watts on 40 and 80 meters. Bias can easily
be set to 50 ma. Now I can't wait to tomorrow for the bands to be open to
try it out. 73 all! Greg.

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov