UHF/VHF equipment?

Bob Wier wier at CALCITE.ROCKY.EDU
Sun Jan 7 17:30:10 EST 2001

>SB 500 - 2 meter SSB transverter for use with the SB301/401 or the SB110 -
>never could get mine tamed on Rx or Tx. It would melt the solder on the 6146
>plate caps

Mine work(ed) pretty well - I used it on 10 to make a couple of
hundred OSCAR 6 contacts (2 m up, 10 m down). The big thing you
had to remember is that the "off" switch isn't really off - since
it drew it's HV from the associated SB unit, it was still energized
even when unplugged. I almost killed myself that way once. But it
was neat to hear your own signal coming back from the satellite.

73's de WB5KXH

--Bob Wier

wier at calcite.rocky.edu

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov