Heathkit clock

Randy Kaeding rkaeding at HEATHKIT.COM
Mon Jan 15 09:31:37 EST 2001

Gene:

The problem is NOT with the Mostek IC. To help explain the problem you are
experiencing, let me explain the difference between the 1005 and the 1094.

As the later model number might suggest, the 1094 was an updated version of
the 1005. The main difference was that the 1094 applies180 volts to the
"keep alive" pin on each display to keep them from flickering. The
flickering and sometimes extinguishing of one or more digits was commonplace
with the 1005. In addition, like most flourescent devices, they also begin
to deteriorate with age.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the 1005 used the same exact displays, so you
may not be able to easliy add this feature.

BTW, the 1094 was one of the first manuals I wrote when I transferred from
the Service Department to the Manual Department in 1974.

Randy, K8TMK
"One of the Hams (still) at Heathkit"

----- Original Message -----
From: "tesla" <tesla at CYBERVERSE.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2001 11:22 PM
Subject: Heathkit clock

I have a Heathkit GC-1005 clock. Built it in 1973, and it still works! But,
I have a problem. At the 1 O'clock hour, the first digit usually goes out,
and sometimes flickers. I suspect the Mostek IC that it has. Does anyone
have a source for them??

Also, I picked up another heathkit clock that *looks* identical, but has a
different p/n. It is a GC-1094. Anyone know the difference?

Thanks,

Gene lambert

'name' 'call'"
Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov