HW-101 trouble shooting

Jim Temple jetemp01 at ATHENA.LOUISVILLE.EDU
Sun Jan 21 13:10:18 EST 2001

Hello to the list,

I have a HW-101 that I have come to the end of my rope on. The receiver
works great.  The transmit relays work fine.  When tuning up R405 smokes.

R405 on the RF board smokes when the mode switch is placed in "tune".  I
have traced the wiring that seems to have a connection.  I have checked the
components that seem to have a connection.  I have removed the 6146's and it
still smokes.  I have removed the 6CL6 driver and there is no smoke.  If I
replace the 6CL6 with a known good driver, it again smokes.

I am missing something somewhere, but I do not know where the possible
problem can be.

Perhaps someone on the list can look at their schematic and let me know a
few possible areas to check, or specific parts to check that would
contribute to damaging R405.  Perhaps someone has had this same problem and
would pass on to me their fix.  Thanks for any and all assistance that will
help with my problem.

Sincerely,

Jim
73, KF4ICZ