SB 300 project

Ken Ketner ketner at ARISBEASSOCIATES.COM
Mon Jan 29 01:21:22 EST 2001

Greetings helpful greenies:
        Thanks to suggestions from several kind respondents, my loss of all
bands on the SB 300 has been overcome. The oscillator tubes (HET and
LMO) had no filament voltage. What I thought was the good ole glow
turned out to have been a reflection of my work lamp in the tube glass.
Ain’t that a good one. When I traced it out, found a loose lead in the
filament string, resoldered it, then BINGO, all bands come alive.
Filament voltage is a nice thing to have! It was the HET and LMO as you
guys suggested, only not in a very exotic way.
        Now the set has what sounds like a hum on top of the audio. I will
probably have to bridge the electrolytic can with some axials. But it
should be fixable now that the main puzzle is solved, thanks to the
leads you guys offered. I think I will do a complete alignment also.
        Does the front end hop up with tube upgrades work on the SB 300 like it
does on the 301?

Many thanks
--

Ken Ketner