HW-101 help

Ed Mosher wa8zvo at JUNO.COM
Sun Jul 1 17:38:10 EDT 2001

Fellow Heath fans,

I received the following email.  If someone in the Lancaster, PA area can
help this guy, or wants to check into buying the rig, please email him
directly.  It appears he wants to use the rig on 11 meters, and I
politely informed him that it was not designed for AM or non-ham band
operation.   Someone else care to take this to the next level.  Perhaps
buy the rig so he can get the correct gear?

Thanks for the help.  Please email him directly; not me.

                        Ed Mosher,  WA8ZVO at juno.com
                        Formerly "One of the Hams at Heath"

BEGIN FORWARD*********************

sir, i just aquired a complete station heathkit 101 hw, a hp-23b power
supply,and a hs-1661 speaker.  it was my grandfathers, it was paked away
for
years 1971 or so . it is mint condition, i would like to obtain a manual,
and
or information on this unit.  does it or will it transmit, and recieve
the am
channels such as cb channels ?  im aware its sideband, i just want to get

this base up and running. would like some links, and or resources to
better
my knowledge of said unit. id like schematics if at all possible. and to
gain
all information possible on this radio. could you please  advise me of
the
resources available to me... wattsnaudio at aol.com   william a.
stockbauer,jr.
lancaster, pa   i truley can not believe the shape of this unit.

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov