Parts

MIKE SOUHRADA wb9iog at REVEALED.NET
Tue Jul 31 00:02:54 EDT 2001

James True N5ARW wrote:

> To all keepers of the green
>
> This may have been addressed before but can anyone fill me in
> on what a PEC is?  I have seen them in all sorts of gear.  Were these
> standard off the shelf items or were they custom made to the OEM's
> specifications?
>
> Is there any information on what is in the ones that Heath used so
> we could make up a replacement circuit?

Well I wasn't in the design engineering part but the I.E. section of
Centralab
Div of Globe Union in Milwaukee Wis. where the P.E.C. was manufactured.
To my knowledge they were custom made to the manufacturer's need to
eliminate
multiple components in a system.

Therefore, I assume Heath did the same. I have seen only one P.E.C.
where
sub detail was defined in the main schematic; I believe it was for
Hammarlund
units not sure which.

BTW P.E.C. as trade marked, may have been copied by others that look
like it.
Could have any number of capacitors, resister, indutor networks imbedded
onto the
ceramic plate.  It stands for Packaged Electronic Circuit? not sure on
the
last word- been a really long time. The resisters were resistance
painted on and the
caps were silver painted. Not sure on the inductors.

Mike
Iowa

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov